Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
why components protection s not support by autel?

920 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: 2022-03-05 16:38:39

•   Level 1   
    (8) points

2021-08-28 00:47:20
    Odios 5.1.6 can remove component protection from Audi, why you(autel) behind on that upgrade ? Components protection need to removal need to be add you can code this system but can't remove components protection

•   Level 2   
    (19) points
    StevenChauncey

2021-10-04 21:48:40 (Reply to:)

I I managed an Audi a4 2017 iC had protection

•   Level 4   
    (161) points
    Matthew Taylor

2022-03-05 16:38:39

Be grateful that Autel allows us to do so much as it is. Component protection requires some calculations with Volkswagen's servers. This would fall under some sort of intellectual property that Autel would have to subscribe to in the same manner that they would with BMW and Mercedes (so we can flash the latest firmwares via the J2534 pass through device for free).

In this case, you are asking Autel to assist us otherwise unauthorized users to swap potentially stolen modules in other vehicles they weren't shipped with. I'm not saying that you are attempting to do anything shady. I'm just saying that VW would put things in place to ensure that only authorized dealers using a legit Ohio tool would be able to circumvent these protections (and there would be an electronic record of it on VW's server whenever this is done).
  Total1 Pages